- Special rates apply for small groups of 2 participants
- This is a non-binding request. There are no costs for you
The 8D method is an important part of a problem solving process according to IATF 16949, but is also a good and useful way for ISO 9001 to implement the requirements for the identification and implementation of corrective actions. Actually all customers in the automotive industry require the 8D method or the use of the 8D report from their suppliers in their customer specific requirements. The design of the 8D method is simple in principle, more difficult is the implementation in the company, the connection with methods for root cause analysis as well as the effective moderation of 8D teams. 8D can be used for customer complaints, internal complaints, for supplier complaints, but also for other types of problems such as audit deviations.
In addition to learning the theory of defect management, participants are taught the effective use of the 8D method and basic knowledge of the moderation technique. Especially participants who do not come from quality management will be activated to work with this problem solving method and sensitized to use it also for internal problems. They will be enabled to moderate working groups that deal with the 8D-method in order to strengthen the follow-up in the application of the 8D-method in their own company.
Employees and managers from all areas who are involved in error management, who moderate 8D teams or who are interested in the 8D method.
- Basics and goals of 8D
- Requirements from ISO 9001 and IATF 16949
- Structure of an 8D report
- Working with the 8D report
- Methods for systematic root cause identification and analysis (5W / Ishikawa)
- Derivation of measures and effectiveness testing
- Short theoretical part on moderation techniques and tasks of a moderator
- Group exercises with the aim of practicing the application of the 8D-method and the
- moderation as well as to clarify questions; there will be support and feedback from the trainers.
- Feedback from the trainer; you are welcome to bring along practical examples (e.g. complaints).
No special prerequisites are necessary.
Scope of services
- Comprehensive and appealing training material
- Certificate of attendance
- Sufficient free space for exchange of experiences and knowledge transfer