- Special rates apply for small groups of 2 participants
- This is a non-binding request. There are no costs for you
Within the CQI standards (Continuous Quality Improvement), the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) of the U.S. automotive industry newly published volume 23 “Special Process: Molding System Assessment” in 2014. This complements the existing CQI volumes on special processes such as CQI-9 Heat Treatment or CQI-15 Welding. CQI-23 includes a self-assessment for various plastics manufacturing processes such as injection molding, blow molding, vacuum forming and extrusion.
If required by the customer, the CQI-23 shall be applied as part of the internal audits according to IATF 16949 at least once a year for the plastic manufacturing processes and shall also be passed on in the supplier chain. For example, CQI-23 has been required by General Motors/Opel since Jan. 1, 2015, in the GM Customer Specific Requirements to IATF 16949. Chrysler’s corresponding requirements also include this requirement.
For companies with plastic manufacturing processes that supply to German or other automotive customers, CQI-23 also represents a good opportunity to improve the internal audit process in production, especially through the specific questionnaires contained in CQI-23.
Participants will learn about the contents of CQI-23 and how this guideline can be implemented in the company. They will also practice using the forms provided by AIAG for CQI-23.
This seminar is aimed at employees from the areas of process planning, production, quality management and supplier management.
- Objectives and benefits of CQI-23
- Relation to system, process and product audits
- Relationship to IATF 16949 and VDA 6.3
- Explanation of the requirements
- Planning of audits according to CQI-23
- Use of checklists
- Evaluation and documentation of audit results
1,0 day work á 8 teaching units
- Qualification as internal auditor according to ISO 9001 or IATF 16949
- Professional experience in the field of plastics manufacturing (ideally 5 years)
- Knowledge of the automotive core tools APQP, FMEA, MSA, PPAP and SPC
Scope of services
- Comprehensive and appealing training material
- Certificate of attendance
- Free space for exchange of experience and knowledge transfer
The text and the forms of the AIAG CQI 23 can be obtained from the AIAG (www.aiag.org). They can be provided by us on request at a charge.